Join a varied week of guided running in forests and National Parks staying in hostel, log cabin and wild camping. Try packrafting and soothe your muscles in traditional Finnish saunas!
- Guided or Self-guided: Guided.
- Price: From £1145/€1190 per person.
- Dates/Duration: Public tours 10.05-16.05.20, 07.06-12.06.20, 30.08-05.09.20, 25.10-31.10.20 + private tours on request April-December. 7 days/6 nights (arrival + 5 days’ activities + departure).
- Running ability required: Up to 12km/day on relatively flat woodland trails at minimum avg. speed of 6 mins 30 secs/km.
- Terrain/distance: Trails in forest landscapes in and around Tampere and in two National Parks.
- Location: Southern Finland.
- Travel to: Tampere (1.5 hours by train from Helsinki).
- Accommodation: Hostel (4 nights, Tampere), log cabin (1 night, National Park), wild camping (1 night, National Park).
- Group size: 4-8 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a trail running holiday in Finland?
- Running through landscapes of ancient forest and wetlands with sunset run to Helvetinkolu crevasse.
- Packrafting activity provides additional variety and adventure.
- Regular chances to experience the tradition of Finnish sauna through the week.
- One night in log cabin and one night wild camping on the beach in two National Parks and four nights’ accommodation in Tampere, Finland’s “sauna capital”.
- Easily accessible from Helsinki.
Finland’s quiet forests and cool lakes provide the perfect setting for a trail running holiday.
Starting and ending in the attractive city of Tampere, just 1.5 hours by train from Helsinki and Finlands “sauna capital”, you’ll be taking part in a programme of guided runs through ancient forests in the Tampere area and in two of Finland’s many National Parks.
This week-long itinerary for trail running in Finland features 4 nights in hostel standard accommodation in Tampere plus one night in log cabin and a night wild camping on the beach for the nights visiting the National Parks. All camping equipment is provided, so all you’ll need is your running gear.
No holiday in Finland would be complete without sauna, and this tour also has a strong focus on this central element of Finnish culture. During the week you’ll get to experience a number of saunas, including Finland’s oldest. There’s no better way to end a day’s trail running than with a relaxing sauna session followed by a swim in the lake!
In addition to the week’s running tours, you’ll be experiencing the adventure of packrafting on one day, as you journey down river and run back to catch your lift home!
A number of fixed date tours are offered, which are open to solo travellers or participants travelling with one or more companions. If you’re a larger group of friends or members of a running club, you can also arrange private tours on other dates by arrangement.
Is it for me?
- Fixed date tours are suitable for solo travellers or guests travelling with one or more companions. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing. See under “Prices” for details of single supplement if solo traveller or requiring single occupancy.
- For fixed date tours, you should at minimum be able to run up to 12km/day in relatively flat woodland terrain at a minimum average pace of 6 mins 30 seconds per km. Some of the runs offer a certain degree of flexibility to vary distance covered and pace for different members of the group.
- For private tours, a greater degree of flexibility to vary level of challenge is possible.