Mountain runs between comfortable lodges in Rondane National Park with beautiful views and a day of e-biking.
- Guided or Self-guided: Guided.
- Price: From £1,420/€1,719 per person.
- Dates/Duration: 16-23 Aug, 6-13 Sep 2020 and on request Jul-Sep for groups 4-10 persons. 8 days/7 nights (arrival + 6 days’ activities + departure).
- Running ability required: Up to 10-20km per day in steep/rocky terrain (shorter distances) or flatter terrain (longer distances) at min. average speed of 6 mins/km (depending on terrain). Height gain/day between 150m-880m.
- Terrain/Distance: Mixed terrain from steep mountain paths to forest tracks.
- Location: Rondane National Park, mountains of central Norway.
- Travel to: Otta (3-3.5 hours by train from Oslo).
- Accommodation: Mountain lodges along the route.
- Group size: 4-12 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a mountain running holiday in Norway?
- Runs for swims, waffles and views!
- Stunning mountain scenery in Norway’s oldest National Park.
- Mountain biking and outdoor skills activity complements the itinerary.
- Point-to-point itinerary staying in charming local accommodation.
- Optional whitewater rafting for extra adventure.
Rondane National Park, located in central Norway just 3 hours by train from Oslo, offers a wonderful playground for lovers of fresh air, beautiful mountian scenery and comfortable, welcoming traditional accommodation.
Popular as a hiking destination in summer and for its excellent cross country skiing in winter, Rondane also the perfect location for a mountain running holiday.
Running for views, swims and waffles:
This tour takes you through some of Norway’s most beautiful scenery, with a varied mix of running tours, from peak runs rewarding you with majestic views from the summit, valley runs to crashing waterfalls, and even a run for waffles!
Interspersed with the daily runs are a host of other activities to provide extra variety and allow you time to recoup your energy – the week includes a half-day tour with electric mountain bikes, an afternoon introduction to outdoor skills such as fire making and foraging and an optional whitewater rafting trip to end the week.
Comfortable accommodation, all meals and luggage transfers included:
Along the way you will be staying at a series of cosy local mountain lodges, all with their own character and charm. Hot tubs, spas and swimming pools are available at some of the overnights to get those tired legs back into shape for the next day’s adventure!
Your main luggage will be transferred between the overnight locations, meaning you need to take with you only what you need during the day – a packed lunch, water, and some extra layers.
Is it for me?
- Fixed date tours are suitable for solo travellers or guests travelling with one or more companions. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing. Please see under “Prices” for details of single supplement if solo traveller or requiring single occupancy.
- For fixed date tours, you should at minimum be able to run 10-20km/day in mixed terrain and weather conditions. Terrain varies from steep, rocky mountain paths to flatter forest tracks.
- For private tours, a greater degree of flexibility to vary level of challenge is possible.
Trip code: ER8RS1