Guided runs through some of Norway’s most beautiful landscapes with comfortable accommodation and a sea kayaking day on Sognefjord.
- Guided or Self-guided: Guided.
- Price: From £1,122or €1,306/person.
- Dates: 21-27 Jun 2020, 23-30 Aug 2020 and on request Jun-Sep for groups 6-10 persons.
- Running ability required: Up to 15 km/day in varied terrain inc. steep hills, and avg. height gain 250m/day at min. average speed of 6 mins/km.
- Terrain/distance: Mountain trails. Height gain up to 550m, daily distances 10-20km.
- Location: Mountains of central Norway.
- Travel to: Tvinkrysset (4.5 hours by bus from Oslo, bus from Bergen also possible).
- Accommodation: Comfortable modern cabin.
- Group size: 6-10 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a trail running holiday in Norway?
- Run to mountain lakes and waterfalls and across a mountain pass on the historic King’s Road.
- A day of sea kayaking in the spectacular Sognefjord to break up your running week.
- Easily accessible by direct bus from Oslo or Bergen.
- Option to vary level of challenge by combining half-day guided running itineraries with a choice of self-guided runs and walks from the lodge.
The scenery in the area of Filefell is spectacular and varied, and the week’s itinerary is designed to show you some of the best of it.
From your base at a comfortable cabin, four days of guided runs will take you to the mountain lake of Otrøvatnet, Norway’s highest protected waterfall at Vettisfossen, across a mountain pass as you run from Kyrkjestølen to Maristuenand and along one of the most famous sections of the historical King’s Road between Borgund and Seltun.
As a contrast to the runs, the week also includes a day’s sea kayaking on the beautiful Sognefjord. Kayaking is really the best way to experience the fjords and gives you a chance to use some different muscles!
The week’s trail-running itinerary is designed to accommodate of varying ability, with guided activities taking between 2-4 hours each day.
Guided runs take place on 4 of the 5 days of the itinerary, for which transfers between the lodge and the day’s start and end points are included.
For those with extra energy, you will be provided with a map and suggestions for a variety of self-guided runs, such as a run to the peak at Skørsnøse, allowing you to take part of each day at your own pace.
Is it for me?
- Fixed date tours are suitable for solo travellers or guests travelling with one or more companions. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing. Please see under “Prices” for details of single supplement if solo traveller or requiring single occupancy.
- For fixed date tours, you should at minimum be able to run up to 15km/day in mixed terrain including gravel roads, mountain tracks and some steep hills. Average height gain 250m/day. You should be able to run at a minimum average pace of 6 mins per km (speed will be slower on some technical sections).
- For private tours, a greater degree of flexibility to vary level of challenge is possible.
Trip code: TA7RS1