An island-hopping running holiday through the stunning landscape of the Stockholm Archipelago staying in local guest houses along the way.
- Guided or Self-guided: Self-guided.
- Price: From £750/€893 per person.
- Dates/Duration: Start every Tuesday and Sunday from 21 June to 4 August 2020.
- Running ability required: Up to max 13-19km/day (flexible) on relatively flat woodland trails, rocky paths and surfaced tracks. No min. speed requirement as tour is self-guided. 6 days/5 nights (overnight locally before and after tour, 6 days’ activities).
- Terrain/distance: Forest trails, stony paths, gravel tracks and some tarmac.
- Location: Stockholm Archipelago, east coast of Sweden.
- Travel to: Stockholm (need to overnight locally before/after tour).
- Accommodation: Guest houses along the route. Accommodation upgrades available on some nights.
- Group size: 2-8 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a running holiday in Sweden?
- Run on cool forest paths, stop at beaches for swimming, visit charming coastal towns and island settlements.
- Self-guided itinerary offers wide choice of dates great flexibility to take things at your own pace, with distances covered also variable and some runs optional
- Easy-going island hopping runs between some of the Stockholm Archipelago’s 50,000 beautiful islands.
- Boat transfers between islands and luggage transfers between overnight locations.
- Accommodation in a selected of local guest houses with upgrades available.
This self-guided running tour shows you some of the gems of the Stockholm Archipelago.
You will be staying in a selection of local guest houses along the way, each with their own character and atmosphere. Accommodation is in private rooms and there is the option to upgrade to higher standard accommodation for some nights if you wish.
Each day when moving location your luggage is transferred between the accommodation. Boat connections between the islands (you don’t have to swim!) are also included.
This is a relaxed running itinerary with the flexibility to take each day at your own pace and make the most of the beautiful archipelago landscape along the way. Stop for a rest and a swim anytime you like. Water temperatures will vary depending on time of year and weather, but the Baltic can often be 20 degrees or more in summer and the water is perfect for swimming. Find a little beach to relax on the sand, or lay your towel on a smooth rock to soak up the sun!
As well as its beautiful natural landscape, the Stockholm Archipelago has a rich cultural heritage. Full route information will be provided on places of historical and cultural interest to stop at along the way to enable you to get the most out of each day’s run.
The tours use seasonal public boat connections and so are possible during the period when these services operate, from late June to early August.
The itinerary is 6 days/5 nights with total three different overnight locations during the tour.
For either tour, you will need to spend a night in Stockholm before and after your trip. Stockholm is a wonderful town to explore with plenty to see – you’ll probably want to stay some extra nights! We will be happy to provide information on suggested options for accommodation.
Is it for me?
- You should at minimum be able to run (or walk) a total distance of max. 13km-19km per day on generally flat or undulating forest paths, gravel tracks and some tarmac.
- Two start days per week throughout the summer season offered a wide choice of possible start dates, and as a self-guided tour this is ideal if you are two or more persons (self-guided tours are not open to solo travellers for safety reasons). Prices are based on two persons sharing – see under “Prices” for details of supplement if requiring single occupancy.
- Plan your timing each day as you wish – there’s no hurry! This means that the tour can be suitable for runners of different abilities/speeds travelling together.
- If you are a running family, with children who would also enjoy the trip, the tour is open to children aged 10 or above who are comfortable running or walking the minimum daily distances.
- Choose your preferred accommodation standard with upgrades available for extra “luxury”!
Trip code: NT6RS1