An inspirational weekend of trail running in the beautiful Berwyn hills led by Welsh Orienteering Champion, Tim Higginbottom – with technique workshop, yoga, glamping and campfires!
- Guided or Self-guided: Guided (led by Tim Higginbottom, internationally-renowned fell runner).
- Price: £295/€360 per person (based on 3 persons/tent).
- Dates/Duration: 13-15 March 2020, weekend camp 3 days/2 nights (afternoon Day 1 to midday Day 3).
- Running ability required: The emphasis for the week is on enjoyment and identifying aspects of your technique to work on. You will need to be able to keep running for around 2 hours in hilly terrain, but pace will be adapted to the slowest member of the group. There are 3 runs in total during the weekend – a short night run on Day 1 and two runs of approx. 2 hours each on Day 2 and Day 3. No yoga experience is required for the yoga component of the weekend.
- Terrain/distance: Hilly paths, distance variable but duration max. 2 hours per run.
- Location: Berwyn hills, North Wales, on the edge of Snowdonia National Park.
- Travel to: Corwen, North Wales.
- Accommodation: Glamping in bell tents, futon beds with bed linen provided. Tents have kitchen area and seating deck. Hot showers available and each tent has own dry compost toilet nearby.
- Group size: 6-12 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a running holiday in Wales?
- Ideal springtime preparation for the summer running season to come.
- Beautiful location in the Berwyn hills of North Wales, near Snowdonia National Park.
- Guided runs and workshop led by Tim Higginbottom, internationally-renowned fell runner and orienteer.
- Three runs during the weekend – a short night run and two trail runs in the hills.
- Workshop focusing on identifying individual areas of your running where you can improve.
- Yoga session focusing on relating breathing to movement to further improve your running.
- Comfortable glamping accommodation in bell tents with all meals provided.
Tim Higginbottom – your guide and coach for the weekend
Your leader for the weekend, Tim Higginbottom, will be drawing on his wealth of experience and expertise to ensure you get maximum benefit and enjoyment from the runs and workshop, tailoring tips and advice to your needs.
Tim is a UKA Fell and Trail coach, has competed internationally in fell, trail and ultra running events and is currently Welsh Orienteering Champion. He has also taught navigation for the Welsh Fell Running Association.
Tim held the Paddy Buckley Round record for 10 years. Also known as the “Welsh Classical Round”, this is a demanding fell-running event in Snowdonia, covering over 100km and crossing 47 peaks.
No sleeping bags here!
We all know how important a good night’s sleep is to enabling you to operate at your best – accommodation for the weekend is a beautiful campsite with hot showers available, where you’ll be sleeping on comfortable futon beds in a spacious bell tent.
Is it for me?
- The weekend is suitable for anyone interested in developing their running technique while spending an enjoyable and sociable weekend in beautiful surroundings.
- You don’t need to be a fast runner – provided you’re able to keep running on trails in hilly terrain for about 2 hours (no particular pace), you’ll be fine!
- The weekend is open to solo travellers or those travelling with partner or friends. Solo travellers will share tent with other same-gender guest (or solo occupancy may be available on request at additional charge – please contact us for details).