A week of running in a landscape of Arctic tundra and forests and a chance to try running with huskies, with a programme of activities for non-runners too!
- Guided or Self-guided: Guided (with option for other self-guided runs or walks outside main programme).
- Price: £966/€1149 per runner, £795/€946 per follower (non-runner). Prices based on 2 persons sharing in hotel-standard accommodation, min. 2 runners.
- Dates/Duration: 21-28 June 2020 (Midnight Sun), 6-13 September 2020 (Northern Lights), 8 days/7 nights.
- Running ability required: Level of challenge is flexible, with non-runners also welcome (runners can of course choose non-runner activities for some days if preferred). You should be able to run on trails and rough ground for distances up to 20km. Speed will be adapted depending on participants.
- Terrain/distance: Forest trails and rolling tundra/hills. Distances variable 5-20km.
- Location: Swedish Lapland.
- Travel to: Kiruna, Northern Sweden.
- Accommodation: 2-person hotel-standard rooms. Option to upgrade to cabin accommodation, single occupancy available.
- Group size: Min. 2 persons.
See below for details.
Why choose this tour for a trail running holiday in Sweden?
- Come during the midsummer period to run beneath the Midnight Sun or in early autumn to run under the Northern Lights.
- Try running with a husky!
- Ideal for non-runners accompanying running partners or friends – programmme of alternative activities for non-runners.
- Comfortable accommodation and local cuisine in the heart of Swedish Lapland.
- In addition to guided runs, the week includes packrafting tour and husky kennel visit.
Swedish Lapland is a vast region of quite forests and wide horizons – a wonderful landscape for any runner to experience!
Based in comfortable hotel-standard accommodation, with all meals included, you’ll take part in a varied week combining guided runs, a packrafting tour, husky kennel visit and even some “canicross” as you run with one of the huskies!
Distance and level of challenge is flexible, and there is a programme of alternative activities allowing non-running partners or friends to join you and also fully participate in the week.
Is it for me?
- Fixed date tours are suitable for solo travellers or guests travelling with one or more companions. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing. See under “Prices” for details of single supplement if solo traveller or requiring single occupancy.
- The week combines runs with a number of other activities and also a chance to relax, making this tour ideal for participants who would like to make running a feature of their holiday but also have the chance to enjoy other activities.
- Non-runners will certainly not feel left out on this tour – the week’s activities are either both for runners and non-runners, or an alternative activity is offered for non-runners.
Trip code: ETN8RS1